GlitterBurned Blog

GlitterBurned is a showcase gallery featuring Blogger Powered blogs. On our blog we of course post on all new entries to the gallery, as well as news, updates, tips and tutorials for users of the Blogger platform.

Advertisment
GlitterBurned Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Exclusive with Live Life In Style creator

Advertisement

Hello Blogger enthusiasts, Shalanda from the fantastic featured blog, Live Life In Style has been gratious enough to share details and her insights on her blog and blogging. I very much enjoyed corresponding with her and I am sure you will as well, especially those of you who are upbeat and into fashion. Read our "exclusive" interview with her below!

Photo of Shalanda Turner
Photo © and courtesy of Shalanda Turner
What is your name?/Introduce yourself
Hello! My name is Shalanda but my nickname is Shasie to my friends and in the blogging community. I'm 27 years old, and I am a Project Engineer, Fashionista by night.

Tell us about your blog.
The title of my blog is Live Life in Style (http://live-life-in-style.com), and this is the second naming of my blog. It originally started off as Shasie's Fashion Advice, but I soon came to realize that I didn't like "forcing" my opinion or style advice on others. My tips work for me, but they may not work for everyone else, and I'll let my readers decide that on their own. So I thought long and hard on what to rename my blog and then it hit me!! My friends always joke that I dress up for everything, even if it's casual. And I thought, well I like to always look stylish, so I'm living life in style!

Describe a popular feature/post or a favorite feature/post of your blog.
The more popular features on my blog have been Throwback Thursday and Fan Feature Friday. I started Throwback Thursday because I wanted to show some of my blog outfits from a year ago when my blog was less popular. Fan Feature Friday is a way for me to give back to my readers, by featuring a new reader and their style every week!!

Live Life In Style
Live Life In Style

→ Visit Blog
→ Gallery Entry
Do you have any blogging tips you'd like to share, or have any advice for fellow bloggers or would be bloggers?
I have a few. Please make sure you are blogging for the right reasons. I started blogging for myself, and to have a creative outlet to document my outfits outside of Facebook. I am not caught up in the number of fans I have, though I would love for my blog to grow, it is not my main focus. It's also good to network with other bloggers. Don't be that blogger that just posts and never checks out other blogs. Be genuine in your postings, and be yourself. No one wants to read blogs where they feel the person isn't being real to themselves.

Are there any other ways that you can be contacted or other social networks where those interested can "connect" with you?
You can find me on the following
Email: Shasielove@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/livelifeinstyle
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/LiveLifeInStyle
Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1713432/live-life-in-style
Formspring: Ask me anything http://formspring.me/Livelifeinstyle
Independent Fashion Bloggers: http://heartifb.com/members/pg/profile/Shasie
Fashiolista: http://www.fashiolista.com/style/shasie/
Lookbook: http://lookbook.nu/shasie
Chictopia: http://www.chictopia.com/Shasie
Chicisimo: http://chicisimo.com/fashion/fashionista/shasie/profile/public/

Tell us about your personal favorite blog or blogs, or share one that you would recommend to others.
I actually follow a ton of blogs, and no longer have one favorite. I follow blogs from people with only 3 followers to those with over 4000 followers. I like following the smaller blogs, because they respond to your comments and it's more personal. Blogs with over 200 comments on one entry, my comment is going to be lost in the mix, and they probably don't have time to respond to all of their commenters anyway, which is a turnoff. I started blogging as a push from my friends and them introducing me to Jessica Quirk's Blog: What I Wore . It was her own personal style blog, and it was and still is hugely popular. It sparked my creative juices to start a fashion blog of my own. So I definitely recommend her blog to everyone, and she just launched her first style book!

♥ That wraps up our "exclusive" Q. and A. session with Shalanda, the creator of Live Live In Style. Do take a moment and stop by her blog. And of course, I'd like to say thank you so much Shalanda for your kindness and time in participating in our "exclusive," feature. Keep up the great work and keep on blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisement
GlitterBurned - Blogger Powered GalleryPowered by Blogger. Theme by NymFont, © GlitterBurned 2012, all rights reserved.
Privacy Policy. Thanks to CSS Play for CSS radness.